Following the success of Barcamp Saigon 2008, we’ve been working on the second release of the event, which is slated for December 13th (tentative). With a view to encouraging further participation from the community, we’re pleased to announce the Barcamp Saigon 2009 Logo Design Contest.
The contest will run for two weeks, the end-product of which will probably be the Logo for Barcamp Saigon for a few years to come, until future organizers decide they need a newer one. Friday November 13th is the last day to submit your logo!
This contest is open to everyone, not just Logo designers. Candidate logos will be displayed on our website so that others can vote for their favorite Logo.
If you wonder why you should enter into this contest, we have the answer for you: it’s the privilege to serve a vibrant community of IT enthusiasts, the opportunity to get your name widely recognized, and to see how “the other dudes” in the industry are doing.
We ask only one thing from you: give it your best shot!
Alright, below are the details (copied mostly from the Barcamp Hanoi guys ^ ^).
Friday, November 13th, 11:59 PM (GMT+7)
The logo should:
* Convey the concept of Barcamp. What is a Barcamp?
* Be distinct, unique and easily identifiable (It’s the logo of Barcamp Saigon, not a general Barcamp)
* Aesthetically fit in with a broad range of site/application designs
* Starting files barcamp.org/SpreadBarCamp
* Sample logos barcamp.org/LogoGallery
How it works
- First, create your Logo design. View the Design Guidelines for more details.
- Upload your design to the contest-specific Flickr group Barcamp Saigon 2009 Logo Design Contest for review.
- These designs will be posted online at the homepage of Barcamp Saigon for public voting. You determine the winner!
- The winning Logo will be used on blog, websites, banners, documents and T-shirt to help promote Barcamp Saigon 2009.
- If you have any additional questions, comment right below this post.
- You can submit more than one design.
- Submissions can be made via JPG/GIF/PNG however please be prepared to provide high resolution/vector graphic versions of your work.
- As part of the submission, participants must be willing to give up all their rights to the copyright and donate it to the community.
- Tag your photo with the phrase “barcampsaigon“. This will allow us to search for and pull your photo into a public image gallery.
- Make sure your Flickr account is linked to an active email address; this is the only means of contacting the winner!
- Don’t forget, the submission deadline is Friday, November 13th, 11:59 PM (GMT+7). Start right now!
- Tweet it!
- Share it via Facebook!
- Spread the words!